Planning for this day’s coverage began almost a month ago. We tweaked our plans for the Supreme Court’s possible ruling on Prop 8 earlier in the week.
* A wide range of local stories.
* Thoughtful local columns.
* The Register’s great photography.
* Lots of different voices on the issue. On the top of every page of our coverage.
* Using more than just 20-inches of text to tell the story.
* Fantastic design.
* And my favorite headline of any paper in the country.
All part of a 76-page, six-section paper.
I know we charged a dollar for this paper. It wasn’t a dollar paper. It was more like a $2.50 or $3 paper.